GriefShare is sponsored by Orange Baptist Church for their members and the larger community.
- Is a grief recovery support group where you can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one; All ARE WELCOME.
- The group meets you were you are in your pain. You will be a part of a friendly and caring group of people who will walk alongside you though one of life’s most difficult experiences.
- The group meets once a week for 13 sessions. There is a video for each session providing professional information from counselors, pastors, authors, and people who have completed GriefShare.
- There is a workbook that cost $15.00 which is the only charge to you, and scholarships are offered, if needed.
- Using the DVD videos and workbook materials, the group is built around a nondenominational program that explores grief, coping options that may benefit you, what God has to say about your situation from the Holy Bible, and hope you may gain to move from mourning to joy.
- You are not required to talk in this group if you do not feel comfortable.
Below is a message that was received from Helena Nymann, a GriefShare participant. The note was written approximately a year after completing GriefShare; Her father at this point had been deceased for approximately 2 years and her sister for a few months. Helena’s revelation did not come instantly, but with work on her part, support from others and God’s presence in her life; Helena writes to GriefShare:
June 6, 2020
Thank you for your continuous support, love, and prayers!
Yesterday, I felt for the first time since my little baby sister went to be with the Lord and our parents, that I could “shine” again…
My Dad (and my Mom!) and my baby sister were bright lights for the Lord, and the best way to honor their memories is to be God’s light for others!
Currently GriefShare is offered online, google: GriefShare.org and look for a location and enter the zip code 22960 and click on Orange Baptist for the details. In the near future we hope to be in person again. Please call Melinda Cunningham, Orange Baptist Church secretary at
(540) 672-2996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and make arrangements to pick up your workbook.
We will walk alongside you in your grief journey.
Grace & peace,
Alvita N. Washington, Online Group Host & Samantha J. Reynolds, Group Facilitator